Saturday 27 August 2011

What the Water Gave Me

I was so happy to see Florence Welch of Florence and The Machine featured in this Septembers Flare Magazine. As a side note I love Canadian fashion magazines. But anyway, I love Florence's lady-like style which is everywhere now certainly, but she has a unique interpretation and with her fair skin and flaming hair it works perfectly.


I have to say, I think listening to a whole record of hers might be a bit much but I certainly love her songs and since we live in the era of the play list I can definitely call myself a fan.
If you haven't already heard her new song, I suggest giving it a listen. Making a  5 and a half minute pop song is brave but I think she pulls it off. In the comments someone says she looks like a 70's Diva and they are not wrong, there is a Stevie Nicks vibe here definitely. However, I was named after Stevie Nicks so obviously I see that as a good thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment