Saturday 29 December 2012

Taylor Swift-I Knew You Were Trouble

Well guys, I am about to write something I thought I'd never write--I really like a Taylor Swift song and I even like the video. She looks great as this white trash character, or, at least it's a huge relief to see her as something else than her normal, twee persona, right? And the song is a catchy pop song, and if we forget everything we know about Taylor Swift's extremely irritating personal life the protagonist is likable. Here's the video:
The only bad thing I have to say about this video is-WHY IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT IS GOOD DID SHE ADD THAT SPOKEN WORD PART IN THE BEGININNG? WHY? It's totally unneccessary and honestly, it makes her look a bit like an idiot. I say this begrudgingly, but I actually think Taylor Swift has the capacity to be a great artist but she has to stop undermining herself and insulting her audience with things like the introduction to this song. The lyrics are pop lyrics but they really say everythinng they need to say. They don't need to be explained.

No comments:

Post a Comment